Home »

Kuppenheim

The meaning of «kuppenheim»

Kuppenheim is a town in the district of Rastatt, in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It is located on the river Murg, 5 km southeast of Rastatt, and 8 km north of Baden-Baden.

Kuppenheim is located at the mouth of the Murgtal River in the Northern Black Forest, and is called the "Gateway to the Murgtal" as well as "Spätzle Town". The land in the middle of the city begins to rise due to the outskirts of the Black Forest. The height differences in the Kuppenheimer district ranges from 118 m in Won "Lower Eichel Plan" to 127 m in the city center to 297 meters in the Hirschacker. In the hills of Kuppenheim you can see the cooling towers of the Philippsburg Nuclear Power Station, 50 km away, when the weather conditions are clear.

The city of Kuppenheim is divided into the core district of Kuppenheim and the district of Oberndorf. The spatial boundaries are identical to those of the former parishes of the same name. The Oberndorf district is officially named "Kuppenheim-Oberndorf".[3]

The city of Kuppenheim lies within the core district of Kuppenheim; the village of Oberndorf lies within the district of Oberndorf. The historical "ghost towns" of Gigersberg and Fichtental are within the core district.[4]

Kuppenheim's founding date is unclear, but there was certainly a settlement from Roman Times in the district, as the foundations of a Roman Road have been found in the foothills of the Black Forest that roughly follows country route L67 to Baden-Baden.

Kuppenheim itself was first mentioned in documents around 1095. At that time it was the most important place in the Ufgau, a historical county of the Duchy of Franconia between the southern Ortenau and the northern Kraichgau. In addition, the Murg River represents the former border between the Alemannic and the southern Franconian language area. As a result, the old Kuppenheim dialect, which arose out of the Lower Alemannic dialects, includes South Rhine-Franconian language features.

In 1283, the city was sold to the Margraves of Baden by the Counts of Eberstein, whose power was declining, in order to address financial debts. In 1453 there was even talk of a “Kuppenheim Alliance” to which 14 villages belonged. From 1500 the city was also included in the Swabian Circle. In 1535, Kuppenheim was raised to the status of a District Council in Baden-Baden and was responsible for more than 22 villages. However, in the course of the Palatinate War of Succession, Kuppenheim was burned down "except for one house" in 1689 and thus lost its status as District Council. This status then went to the resident city of the Margraviate of Baden-Baden, Rastatt. After a slow reconstruction at the beginning of the 18th century, Kuppenheim grew beyond the bounds of its city wall. Most of the fortifications were razed at the beginning of the 19th century, with only parts of the city wall left preserved. At that time, the pastor was Rector Franz Joseph Herr in Kuppenheim, an important clergyman who had both the city church and the Antonius chapel renovated or rebuilt. Herr, presumably an illegitimate descendant of Charles Frederick, Grand Duke of Baden, is an honorary citizen of the city of Kuppenheim.

Related Searches

KuppenheimerKippenheim

Choice of words

k-uppenheim_ _
ku-ppenheim_ _
kup-p-enheim_ _
kup-p-enheim_ _
kuppe-nhe-im_ _
kuppen-heim_ _
kuppenh-eim_ _
kuppe-nhe-im_ _
kuppenhei-m_ _
kuppenheim-_ _
kuppenheim:_ _ _ _
kuppenheim_ _ _ _
kuppenheim_ - _ _ _
kuppenheim-_ _ _ _
kuppenheim _ _ _ _ _
kuppenheim _ - _ _ _ _
© 2015-2021, Wikiwordbook.info
Copying information without reference to the source is prohibited!
contact us mobile version